The time has finally come as the MagicBand+ is coming to Disneyland Resort later this year.
What is a MagicBand+? Well, it’s a wearable device with LEDs and other technology built into the band so guests can pair the band with their phone so they can use it to enter the park, customize the band’s light colors, exclusive games to play in the park and much more. The band is rechargeable and comes to life during “World of Color” and “Fantasmic” at select nightly shows in the parks. Galaxy’s Edge will feature a new interactive game where guests can go on a quest with the band to collect bounties around the land.
“Vibrations and lights from your MagicBand+ will help you find virtual bounties,” Disneyland said in a press release. “Once you’ve found your bounty, you can use the Augmented Reality Thermal Viewer in the Play Disney Parks app to reveal who’s hiding in the shadows. Once your mission is successfully completed, the local guild master Raga Bua will reward you with galactic credits.”
Here’s how to use the MagicBand+:
- Enter Disneyland or Disney California Adventure Park (with valid ticket and reservation)
- Check-in at Lightning Lane entrances (when purchasing Genie+ or single Lightning Lane)
- Link Disney PhotoPass to your Disney Account
- Play interactive games within the park, such as finding virtual bounties in Galaxy’s Edge
- Band dubbing during the nightly spectacles at the resort
Prices for the band start at $34.99 and you can buy them at Disneyland Resort in the fall. Visit DapsMagic or KTLA 5 for more.