THE WORD OF TODAY is happy. Example: Chandress is always happy about her fancy house in the suburbs, especially the women she grew up with.
WORD OF SUNDAY was gloomy. It means twilight; Dusk. There is nothing more beautiful and magical than sitting outside in the autumn twilight.
The Adult Paint & Pass Challenge at the Blue Ridge Regional Library is something new: “As a participant, you will be paired with a painting partner,” reads the announcement. “The ultimate goal is to replicate the painting. However, when the bell rings, you must swap the painting with your partner. Now you and your partner must continue painting until the bell rings again.” The model paint shows a stack of three pumpkins. Class times and registration numbers are: 2:30 p.m. Tuesday, Ridgeway Library (276-956-1828); 2:30 p.m. Wednesday, Collinsville (276-647-1112); 3:30 p.m. Thursday, Patrick County (276-694-3352); 2:30 p.m. Friday, Bassett (276-629-2426); Saturday, 2:30 p.m., Martinsville (276-403-5430).
People also read…
The Martinsville Branch Library has some interesting programs for kids big and small next week. Both are on Tuesday.
In the morning, from 9:30 to 11:00 am, “Building Blocks: Child Development and Play”, a parent-child play shop, will take place. It is aimed at parents and their young children up to the age of 5 years. Relieved Patty Fellabaum of Care Connection for Children in Roanoke. The aim is for parents to learn how to support their children’s development; show why play is an integral part of child development; and to provide parents and children with quality time together with toys and fun activities. To register, call Janet Boucher at 276-403-5444.
The night is for teens with “Enter the World of Virtual Reality with Beat Saber Game Night” from 5:30pm to 7:30pm on Tuesday. It is from 13 years old. Registration is required; call 276-403-5430.
The following are the actual answers given on “Family Feud”:
- Name something red: my sweater
- Name a part of the phone: The bottom part
- Something in the garden that is green: sheds
- A yellow fruit: orange
- Something you do in the bathroom: Decorate
- Name something that floats in the bathtub: water
- Name one species of bear: papa
- Name a song with “moon” in the title: Blue Suede Moon
- Name something you feel before you buy it: Excited
- Name a city in Georgia: Alabama
- Name a number to remember: 7
- Something you put on walls: roofs
- Name a famous bridge: the bridge over murky waters
- At what month of pregnancy does a woman look pregnant? September
SUNDAY TRIVIA ANSWER: dr Joyce Brothers and Bill Cosby were regulars on Captain Kangaroo.
TODAY’S TRIVIA QUESTION: What (or who) was the famous character created by Buffalo Bob Smith while he was radio announcer for WNBC?