I’m a property expert – how to get free energy saving gadgets that could cut your bills by £150 a year

ENERGY bills are on the rise but there is a way for older households to save up to £150 a year with a little known service.

The government has announced the electricity price guarantee which will extend beyond next April.

Households can get help with energy-saving appliances


Households can get help with energy-saving appliancesCredit: @thatpropertyguy

This means households’ electricity bills will rise from £2,500 to £3,000 a year – not including the £400 electricity bill.

However, there are ways that those struggling to pay their bills can help with energy savings and savings.

An experienced entrepreneur on Tik Tok, Kyle James, known as @ThatPropertyGuy, showed how some houses can get free help with energy saving devices.

You can get help from the Local Energy Advice Partnership (LEAP).

Martin Lewis predicts a £900 living wage could be paid next year
Four energy-saving functions with as little as 68p can help reduce energy bills

It’s a free service designed to help people pay for replacing old boilers or appliances, and offers free appliances and billing advice.

In the video Kyle says: “Energy costs are going up and your bills are going up, so it’s a good time to apply for these free energy saving tips.

“Check out LEAP and if you need it, you can ask for free advice and tips.”

Also Read :  PlayStation Diwali Sale 2022 brings big discounts on Spider-Man, Uncharted, Horizon Forbidden West, and more games

Kyle goes on to list the items available in the service, which include energy saving extension leads and light bulbs, removal templates and radiator mirror paper.

Some houses can also get chimney balloons, which reduce drafts and air-tight tape.

Plus, Kyle says, if you get it right, LEAP will even give you instructions on how to install something.

Who is eligible?

You must meet different eligibility criteria depending on your application to LEAP.

If you have bill advice, you should have the following:

  • Income-related Activity and Support Menu
  • Employment and Support Allowance
  • Employer’s Employment Fund
  • Credit Support
  • Pensionable Income
  • Pension Protection Fund
  • Child Tax Credit / Employment Tax Credit
  • Global Credit
  • Housing Benefit
  • Council Tax Reductions
  • Disability Benefit (Includes Living Allowance, DLA Carer’s Allowance, PIP, Severe Disability Allowance)
  • Industrial Benefits for Disability


  • Total annual household income of less than £31,000

There are different criteria if you need to replace your valve or equipment.

For example, if you want to replace a boiler, which can cost up to £3,000 and does not involve work, there must be someone in the household aged 65 or over, five or under or, suffering from one of the many diseases.

Also Read :  NY Gov. Hochul under fire for COVID-test Democrat donor deal week before absentee ballots sent out

These include cancer, disability related to mobility or respiratory disease.

Currently, if you need to replace an appliance, you must receive a benefit, including Housing Benefit, Housing Benefit and Income Support.

For more information and a full list of awards, please visit tonoforleap.org.uk.

How do I apply?

You can apply on the LEAP website, which says it is experiencing “unprecedented demand” for the service.

This means that applications may be closed in some areas. In these areas, referrals are accepted by fellow applicants, such as your local Human Resources Office.

The service is fully open to Scottish residents.

For example, you can call to see if you qualify.

The number for European residents is 0800 060 7567 and the number for Scottish residents is 0800 029 4543.

What other bill help can I get?

The government announced in its Autumn Statement that millions in benefits will get Universal Credit an extra £900.

Eight million households currently receive living wage payments of up to £650, but eligibility criteria may change under the new rules.

Also Read :  Here’s how Germany plans to expand its electric vehicle charging infrastructure

Chancellor Jeremy Hunt also announced that pensioners would receive a £300 lump sum.

“Pensioner’s living wage” is being offered to millions at a fraction of the cost.

You qualify under the current rules if you get the winter fuel allowance, but this may change under the new rules.

A living allowance of £300 is paid on top of other winter support.

You must have:

  • born on or before 25 September 1956
  • have been in the UK for at least one day in the week of 19 to 25 September 2022 during what is known as the “qualifying week”

In addition, struggling families can afford to pay for a warm home this winter.

Households in England and Wales do not need to apply to get the money, and are automatically eligible if they receive certain benefits.

You can read more about who is eligible here.

There are also many electronic funds and programs open to help you if you are struggling.

British Gas has confirmed it will pay its most vulnerable £750 bills to help with high bills.

Ask your provider what they offer and how to apply, or check here:


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.