The three-day Fall 2022 Road to Retirement virtual event concludes today (September 23) with the final session beginning at 4:00 p.m. ET. On-demand and live presentations are on the schedule; Sessions that require registration can still be attended if interested parties register before the session begins.
The full schedule is available online. Pre-recorded sessions will remain on the website after the conference ends to allow for additional viewing opportunities.
Feedback from event attendees requested
To ensure that the information shared during each Road to Retirement event is in line with employees’ needs and wants, next week Human Resources will be emailing a short survey to attendees at the live event so they can share their feedback. Purdue University does not collect any personally identifiable information in this survey and all information is kept strictly confidential. Information will only be used to improve retirement communications and future events, including the upcoming Spring 2023 Road to Retirement program.
Additional information on pension plans
In support of the financial wellness pillar of the Healthy Boiler program, Purdue and Fidelity (Purdue’s official provider of education, advice and support regarding retirement investing and decisions) offer a variety of retirement planning tools and resources year-round – in addition to the biannual Road to Retirement event – including the following:
- Dedicated Human Resources Team – educates employees on how to maximize their Purdue benefits and retirement programs and provides personal assistance with the university’s retirement process. Call 765-494-2222 or toll-free 877-725-0222 or email [email protected] for assistance.
- Purdue Retirement Program Overview Website – Shows the variety of retirement programs offered by Purdue as well as resources available to assist individuals in managing their retirement program. Some website highlights are:
- Manage Your Retirement Plan – Check out Purdue’s retirement plan resources such as: B. Accessing each retirement program’s enrollment website.
- Retirement Readiness – Helps ensure individuals are asking the right questions at the right time.
- Beneficiary Management – Describes several Purdue benefits programs that provide beneficiaries and steps to update the information.
- Interactive Retirement Guide – Walks staff through the university’s employment policies (recruitment, transfer, reinstatement, etc.) and how they affect eligibility for retirement.
- Defined Contribution Committee – The University Committee provides an additional level of review and oversight of selected retirement plan investments, including oversight of the performance and any related fees of funds held on the current Fidelity recording platform.
- Fidelity Investor Center (PMU office) – Provides Purdue associates with free personal planning and guidance on retirement, savings and more. To schedule an appointment, call 800-642-7131 or schedule online.
- Watch these videos to learn more about the services provided through Fidelity’s local office.
- retirement planning: Find out what to expect in a personal consultation. Hear from a local Fidelity retirement planner at PMU Investor’s office here, as well as from employees who have benefited.
- Income planning: Individuals approaching retirement should watch this video showing how Fidelity can help them plan their monthly retirement income. Learn more here.
- 10 things you get for free from Fidelity: One-on-one counseling, online resources, student debt tools—these are just a few of Fidelity’s free offerings. Watch the video to learn more.