An otherworldly tale of mystery and self-discovery set in the 1930s, call of the sea is a love letter to the adventure game genre that follows Norah, a woman who has crossed an ocean in a desperate search for her husband, who has disappeared on an expedition to the remote foothills of an uncharted South Pacific island paradise.
During your trip in call of the sea You’ll discover remnants of a lost civilization, solve puzzles and uncover occult mysteries as you search for clues to the fate of your husband’s ill-fated expedition.
But in the course of your search you will also discover that not everything is as it seems on this strange island. Occasionally, reality suddenly becomes distorted and surreal.
This was announced by Raw Fury and Out of the Blue Games call of the sea is being officially developed for Virtual Reality and will be released for Meta Quest 2 next year and will have voice-over acting in English, French and Spanish.
Meticulously redesigned for virtual reality, Call of the Sea VR immerses you in beautifully crafted environments. Solve clever first-person puzzles and discover a story-driven adventure full of love, suspense and surreal surprises.
Accompanying the announcement of its VR version, the story-driven puzzle-adventure has also been selected as part of the Raindance Festival (October 26 – November 26, 2022), which celebrates all independent XR creators, game designers, virtual world builders and all artists involved the avant-garde raindance immersive program of the festival.
At this event, developer Out of the Blue Games will give a first look at the VR version of their BAFTA-nominated adventure game. call of the sea. Fans and festival-goers can apply to participate in a closed alpha demo to be among the first to explore the game’s lush tropical island environments and clever puzzles.
What to expect from Call of the Sea VR:
- Explore environments in VR and immerse yourself in a stunning tropical island filled with amazing landmarks, lost ruins and underwater landscapes.
- Take control of Norah (voiced by Cissy Jones; Firewatch, The Walking Dead) and investigate the clues left behind by your missing husband’s expedition to solve a variety of clever puzzles and uncover the truth.
- Delve deep into a lush, tropical island meticulously modeled in Unreal Engine 4 and filled with amazing landmarks, lost ruins, and occult mysteries.
- Investigate clues left by previous residents and solve a variety of mysteries to unravel the mystery of what happened to your husband’s missing expedition.
- Experience an emotional, suspenseful journey of self-discovery, fully voiced by BAFTA Award-winning actress Cissy Jones (fire clock, life is strange, the Walking Dead).
call of the sea is available on Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, PC (Steam, GOG.com), PS4 and PS5.
More articles too call of the sea