To get TechCrunch’s biggest and most important stories delivered to your inbox daily at 3:00 PM PDT. Register Here.
Obviously, you love Daily Crunch, but did you know that we have tons of amazing newsletters from across the site? SarahThis week in Apps has continued interesting and interesting insights into what’s going on with our portable supercomputers. Interchange is Mary AnnDive into the world of fintech startups, and The Station is the epitome of transport. compiled with unmatched love Kirsten. in the end, GregWeek in Review of the week is “Oh my gosh, I didn’t have time to read this week’s TechCrunch roundup,” so you don’t fool yourself at the water cooler when Monday rolls around.
TechCrunch No. 3
- ch-ch-ch-change: It’s another C-suite change for Salesforce. Ron Reportedly, Slack CEO Stewart Butterfield, who joined Salesforce when the company acquired Slack in 2020, said he was stepping down in January. This news follows other sudden departures. Last week, Salesforce co-CEO Bret Taylor announced his departure.
- Social commerce with a difference: Most of the livestream commerce we see today involves buying fancy vintage clothing or playing cards. However, Kapu is making it interesting. It came from hiding with a new funding of $8 million to build a social commerce site that allows Kenyans to get groceries at lower prices. Annie have more
- AI is our life right now.Twelve Labs founder Jae Lee believes this should extend to searchable videos. So that’s exactly what the company intends to build. Today, it announced a new $12 million investment to further develop AI that understands the context of video. Kyle write
Startups and VCs
Loft Dynamics, a Swiss startup creating virtual reality technology for helicopter pilots, has raised $20 million from US venture capital firms including Craft Ventures, Sky Dayton and Up Ventures. Paul report. In addition to fundraising The company also announced the official name change from VRM Switzerland to Loft Dynamics.
Apropos VR… Demand for VR Real Estate Booming Report MikeIt wrote that the Founders Fund brought $16 million into the Giraffe360 platform.
Here are five more news stories and invites to consumer electronics startups:
- from incompatibility to incompatibility: Romaine Write that Zenly is the best social app. And he regrets that the app will be shut down on February 3rd.
- Plus d’Euros: French VC firm Partech has closed its fourth fund, a 120 million euro ($124 million) seed fund. Romaine report
- row row row your code: Haje Writes that if Rowy has a way, if you can use Excel, you can build software.
- premature expiration: Devin reports that sextech startup Lora DiCarlo seems to have succeeded.
- Today’s special is…: Aigens scales up digital menus in Asia, reports RitaWith $14 million in revenue led by Ant.
- Coming to CES? Haje, Brian and a few other TC crews are on their way. And we want to meet your start in Vegas in January. Write Brian.
Which way? The End of Free Money and the Importance of Keeping Cash in Hand
in simple times Founders often delight investors simply by demonstrating how rapidly their company is meeting their expectations for growth.
Max Schireson, operating partner at Battery Ventures, said, “Today’s investors care less about the distant future.
“They care about how much money your company needs to get into that future and when it will come.” In a guest post for TC+, he shares his honest advice and situations. There are plenty of things that can help founders meet investor expectations during difficult times.
“They say time is something you can’t buy. but in fact Time is the easiest thing to buy in a startup.”
Three others from the TC+ team:
TechCrunch+ It is our loyalty program that helps founders and startup teams move forward. You can register here.. Use the code “DC” to get 15% off your annual subscription!
Big Tech Inc.
Facebook wants to know your age. But before you reach for the pearl In fact, there’s a good reason Meta is bringing age verification technology into its Facebook Dating product. Sarah report. We don’t know or want to know how a 50 year old meets a 16 year old, but surely Meta doesn’t want to get famous for being that place.
And now we have five more for you: