We use our phones all day long, both indoors and outdoors. In the course of use, we often come across situations where we wish the display was brighter than usual. Under direct sunlight, the screen’s legibility decreases significantly for some users. So here we show you how to increase the brightness of your phone display to the maximum and beyond. You will also learn how to check your phone’s display type.
How to increase the brightness on the phone beyond the maximum
If you feel that your phone’s brightness is not at its maximum, we have shared five methods you can use to make your smartphone display brighter than usual.
Disable auto-brightness mode
If your display’s brightness fluctuates wildly and isn’t working optimally, the automatic brightness sensor could be the culprit. You can disable auto-brightness on your smartphone and manually increase your phone’s brightness to the maximum possible level. That’s how it’s done:
1. walk settings app on your phone and tap advertisement.
2. Under Display settings, tap Brightness.
3. Now disable the switch for Automatic brightnessand increase the brightness on his maximum capacity with the slider
This way your phone stays at its maximum possible brightness without being automatically reduced.
Bonus: If your phone’s ambient light sensor is working properly, you can shine a bright light on it to increase the brightness beyond the software maximum. This is a temporary fix to get peak brightness beyond what’s achievable via the phone’s software.
Use Sunlight mode to increase brightness
There are phones that offer an outdoor mode (commonly found on Xiaomi phones) that can increase the brightness beyond the maximum when you’re outdoors to improve readability. How to enable it on Xiaomi/Redmi/POCO MIUI based phone:
1. Turn off the auto-brightness mode in your phone’s display settings.
2. Once this is done sunlight mode appears, activate the Switch to activate it
This mode increases the brightness of your phone above the maximum brightness in strong light/sunlight, making your display easier to read.
Use extra brightness mode to increase brightness
Similar to the Sunlight mode on Xiaomi phones, Samsung calls it the Extra Brightness mode, which can be found on most of their phones and allows you to boost the brightness beyond the maximum limit in glaring sunlight. How to use it:
1. Go to settings on your Samsung phone and navigate to advertisement.
2. Now tap Adaptive brightness and rotate it out.
3. Once this is done Extra brightness will appear. Activate the switch to activate it.
Stream HDR content to boost brightness
Another way to increase the brightness of your phone is to play HDR videos. If your smartphone supports it, an HDR video is the best way to get the most out of your phone display. How to use it:
1. Launch the YouTube app on your phone.
2. Now look for one HDR video and play it.
3. Now navigate to video settings and tap quality.
4. If your phone supports HDR playback, you’ll see HDR written next to the video quality.
5. Choose the video quality and play the video.
Now you can enjoy HDR video that can reach peak brightness levels beyond your phone’s maximum brightness when needed.
Time to upgrade your phone
If the above methods didn’t work for you, chances are your phone’s display has a very low brightness hardware issue. In such cases, you may need a better phone with better peak brightness and preferably a 10-bit display. Displays that support higher brightness tend to be much more vibrant and vivid, and easier to read outdoors in bright sunlight.
So these are the quick ways on how to increase the brightness of your phone display beyond the maximum. We hope the article helped you achieve the same. If you found this guide helpful, please like and share it with your friends. Check out more useful tech tips and tricks linked below and stay tuned for more such tips and tricks.
You can also follow us for instant technical updates at Google news or for tips and tricks, smartphone and gadget reviews, join GadgetsToUse Telegram group or subscribe for the latest review videos GadgetsToUse YouTube channel.