Just like other popular social media platforms, Twitter is also filled with spam and annoying replies under posts. No, no matter how hard you try to avoid them, they will still find their way to your tweet. So today in this article we are going to discuss how to block spam replies under your tweet. Meanwhile, you can also read how to check and remove shadowban on Twitter.
How to block spam replies on Twitter?
Spam and annoying replies can get on your nerves, plus they usually contain links to crypto scams or other questionable websites. So, without further ado, let’s discuss the four ways to block spam replies below your tweet.
Mute Words on PC
Twitter offers the ability to mute words, which will block all new notifications for tweets that contain the muted words, and you won’t be able to see tweets with those words on your timeline if you choose to. How to activate it:
1. Go to Twitter website on your PC.
2. Click on that More options from the left side.
3. Now select from the pop-up menu Settings and Privacy.
4. On the next page, go to Privacy and Security Tab.
5. Here you have to go Mute and Block Possibility.
6. Go to muffled words on the next screen.
7. Click on that + icon above.
8th. Now just enter the Word, phrase, username or hashtag You want to mute.
9. You also choose the duration you want to mute said word for and Check the box for home timeline.
8th. Finally click on the Save button confirm.
Mute words on mobile
Similar to the Twitter web and can mute any word, account, phrase or even hashtags from the Twitter app to block spam replies to your tweet. To do this, follow the steps below:
1. Open the Twitter app and tap your profile icon at the top.
2. Go to Settings and Privacy from the menu.
3. Choose now Privacy and Security on the next screen.
4. Under Security, tap muffled words.
5. Now click on the + icon in the lower right corner and type the words you want to mute.
6. You can also set those mute duration and other settings.
7. Finally click on the Save button confirm.
Block person to stop spam replies
If a certain Twitter user is spamming you by replying to your tweets, you can easily block that person. This will also block spam replies to your tweet. Below are the steps to do this.
1. Go to this user’s answer and click three points at the top of her answer.
2. Choose block user from the pop-up menu.
3. Finally, tap block to confirm it.
Set the response limit for your tweets
You can also prevent strangers from replying to your tweets by using Twitter’s “Limit Replies” feature to prevent replies from a wider audience. Follow these steps to enable it.
1. When composing a tweet, tap Anyone can answer Possibility.
2. On the next screen below who can answerchoose either ‘People You Follow’ or “Only People You Mention” to limit replies to said tweet.
3. Finally click on the Submit button to post the tweet.
4. Based on your choices, only a limited number of people can now reply to your tweet.
Bonus: only share tweets with close friends
Twitter has introduced a new feature called Twitter Circle, which allows you to share a tweet only with a narrow group of people. You can use it to share your tweets with fewer people of your choice, which will help you block spam replies on Twitter. You can read our dedicated guide on Twitter Circle.
Summary: Block spam replies to your tweet on Twitter
In this read, we’ve discussed five ways you can avoid or block spam replies on your Twitter. I hope you found this article helpful; If yes, make sure you like it and share it with your friends and family. Check out the other tips linked below and stay tuned for more such amazing tech tips and tricks.
This might interest you:
You can also follow us for instant technical updates at Google news or for tips and tricks, smartphone and gadget reviews, join GadgetsToUse Telegram group or subscribe for the latest review videos GadgetsToUse YouTube channel.