On LinkedIn, Premium users can send InMail messages directly to other LinkedIn members who are not affiliated with them. Aside from InMail messages, you may also receive sponsored messaging from recruiters and companies. However, many users are annoyed by these emails and messages. Therefore, in this article, we will discuss how to stop InMail and sponsored messages on Linkedin. You will also learn how to disable business ads on Google Maps.
How do I stop InMail and sponsored messages on LinkedIn?
LinkedIn messages can get annoying. Luckily, there are two ways you can get rid of the InMail and sponsored messages and stop them on LinkedIn on your phone and PC. Let’s take a look at them.
Disable InMail messages
Premium users can send InMail messages directly to LinkedIn members who aren’t even connected to them. Follow the steps below to disable it and protect yourself from such annoying messages.
1. Visit linkedin in your desktop browser and log in to your account.
2. Click Me in the top menu.
3. Choose now Settings & Privacy under me
4. Click on communication from the left sidebar.
5. Now under Under Who can reach you?Select Messages.
6. Turn off the toggle next to InMail Messages.
Disable sponsored messages
Now that you’ve turned off InMail messages, let’s see how to turn off sponsored messages, which are essentially promotional content and part of the LinkedIn campaign. Below are the steps to disable.
1. Sign in to your LinkedIn account.
2. Click on that I icon above.
3. Tap on Settings & Privacy.
4. Click on communication in the left sidebar.
5. Choose newsis under Who can reach you?.
6. Finally, turn off the switch next to it Sponsored News.
Block that person
Now we have learned how to stop InMail and sponsored messages on LinkedIn via setting. However, you cannot stop messages from the 1st level connection, but you can block them to stop them. Here’s how you can block a member.
1. Go to the user profile You want to block.
2. Tap the Another icon under the user’s profile picture.
3. Choose Report block from the list.
4. Tap on Block XYZ from the pop-up window.
5. Click on block Continue confirm it.
Bonus: Delete sponsored content ads
Directly Sponsored Content allows companies to personalize, test, and improve the performance of their content for an audience without cluttering the LinkedIn page. Follow the steps below to delete a LinkedIn campaign post.
1. Go to your LinkedIn Campaign Manager.
2. Now choose the display name and preview the ad.
3. Click on that three points next to the post’s campaign on the campaign page.
4. Choose remove post on the next screen.
5. Once you do this, your ad will be cancelled.
Summary: Stop InMail and Sponsored Messages on LinkedIn
Here’s how to stop InMail and sponsored messages on LinkedIn. I hope you found this useful, if so; Then click on the Like button and share this. Check out more tips linked below and stay tuned for more such tech tips and tricks.
This might interest you:
You can also follow us for instant technical updates at Google news or for tips and tricks, smartphone and gadget reviews, join GadgetsToUse Telegram group or subscribe for the latest review videos GadgetsToUse YouTube channel.