Just like other popular social media platforms, Twitter also has a DM option that allows users to send messages to other members of the platform. However, there are many cases where we are unable to send links in Twitter DM and get the “cannot send links” error. So today in this reading we are going to discuss how to fix unable to send links in Twitter Direct Message. Meanwhile, you can also learn how to download Twitter images with original quality.
Fix: Links cannot be sent in Twitter direct messages
If you are also unable to send links in Twitter direct messages, in this article we have added three ways to help you fix and send links in Twitter direct messages.
Remove HTTP from URL
Sometimes removing the HTTP from the URL you are sharing will help you fix the inability to post links issue on Twitter. Here’s how you can remove and share it.
1. Copy the URL you want to share on Twitter.
2. Paste it anywhere or directly into Twitter DMs chat.
3. Remove “HTTP://” from the beginning of the URL (e.g. in this URL: http://gadgetstouse.com, you need to share it as gadgetstouse.com)
4. Once removed, you can share the link with the person.
Use a triple slash
If you still can’t send the links on Twitter DMs, you need to change the URL and add three forward slashes instead of two. Here’s how you can do it.
1. Copy the URL to the clipboard that you want to send.
2. Add a forward slash after HTTPS or HTTP in the URL. Example: https:///gadgetstouse.com.
3. For one thing, Twitter doesn’t create the hyperlink for that URL and sends it as a text message.
4. Now the recipient has to copy and paste the text url into a browser and they will be redirected to the url as almost every browser detects and interprets intentional errors.
Create a short link for the URL
You can also try making a short link for the url as twitter might not allow you to send links to certain websites. This is how you can create and send a short link.
1. Use any URL shortening service like shorturl.at, bitly.com, etc.
2. Once opened, enter the URL you want to share.
3. Tap Shorten URL or Short Link.
4. A short link for the URL is generated.
5. Copy the link and send it via Twitter DM.
Bonus: Download photos and videos from Twitter DM
If you are one of those who regularly receive media files like photos via Twitter Direct Messages, you might want to know how to download them to your device. Don’t worry, we’ve already created a specific guide on how to download photos and videos from Twitter Direct Messages to your local drive.
Summary: Links cannot be sent in Twitter direct messages
So, here’s how you can fix the problem that links cannot be sent in Twitter direct messages. I hope you found this article helpful, if so; Click the Like button and share this post with your friends to let them know about the solution. Check out more tips linked below and stay tuned for more tech tips like this.
This might interest you:
You can also follow us for instant technical updates at Google news or for tips and tricks, smartphone and gadget reviews, join GadgetsToUse Telegram group or subscribe for the latest review videos GadgetsToUse YouTube channel.